What a week! We have all had a round of what the doctor simply called a "virus." I really hate that word! Last Tuesday Carly came down with her first real sickness since we brought her home from the hospital. (I know we're extremely fortunate to have made it 15 months.) We all had fever, vomitting, diarrhea, and aches and pains. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were spent changing Carly's diaper about every fifteen minutes and layering on diaper rash cream to keep her raw bottom from getting any worse. I got sick on Thursday night and started feeling better on Monday. Jon had a very mild case on Friday/Saturday and was able to nurse us back to health.

This is one of Carly's oat baths - it really did help the diaper rash!
Today I can see glimpses of Carly's usual happy and light-hearted self. She is still unusually clingy and weepy during the day. The doctor warned me it could last for two weeks and she could have a couple of good days mixed in. We're hoping it's over.
Hope everyone is feeling well and having a great week!

1 comment:
Oh my!! She looks so thin in the last picture! You can really tell she didn't feel good. Poor baby! Reagan was sick last week with teething and a 2-3 day tummy virus. Not fun at all! I am glad you all are feeling better!
Post a Comment