We had a pretty good week, nothing too exciting. Carly and I were lucky enough to have lunch with my cousin Brooke and her oldest daughter Abi on Monday. They were in town for a doctors appointment and asked us to meet them. It was the most fun I have had at lunch in a long time. Abi is a beautiful girl and she is hilarious; she kept me laughing the entire time. Carly loves her cousin Abi and Abi always does such a good job holding her. Abi was full of questions, like how old "Baby Carly" is and why she couldn't have some 'pasghetti' for lunch. Abi was amazed that Baby Carly was zero. I made the mistake of telling Abi that the doctors told us the birth mark on the back of Carly's neck was called a stork bite - like you see in story books when storks deliver babies. Of course, Abi asked me if that was how we got Baby Carly. Brooke gave me that "you had to open that can of worms" look, and I quickly changed the subject. We had a very nice time and I hope we get to do it again soon.
We have a few friends getting ready to have babies this summer, and we are very excited for their arrivals. I talk to Meera quite frequently and I am so eager for her to deliver and to find out if it is a boy or a girl. She has amazed me with her patience and determination to be surprised by the gender, it is so exciting. Jon's cousin is having a girl on July 9 and we are looking forward to her arrival. It will be great to have playmates for Carly close by.
Carly has made good progress this week, she is getting interested in her feet and grabbing hold of them. She has been very vocal for quite a while, but now she is shrieking. She gets especially excited at night before bed. She gets so loud and so animated. She is also getting very close to rolling over. I think she has the strength, she just doesn't realize that she can do it yet. It's really exciting to watch her discover all of these new things.
3 comments:
Love how Carly is filling out and how she is grabbing her feet. The picture of her & Jon sleeping in the chair is precious. My question, who fell asleep first? Those are the best times.
Love all 3 of you, glad you had a good week and enjoyed lunch with Abi & Brooke.
Jill & Tom
Carly is so precious!! I love the picture of her and Jon sleeping! That is too precious! We look forward to seeing you all soon! Feel free to visit us next week in the hospital!! 9 days to go....YAY!
It was great seeing you guys last week!!! Abi just loves "Baby Carly" to pieces!!! She still didn't understand why you wouldn't let her come home with us!!! There is no doubt the 3 of them will be the best of friends in years to come!!! Give her lots of kisses for us!!! Hope to see you guys SOON!!! Love you guys!!!~Brooke
Post a Comment