It has definitely been a big year for Jon and I. As you know, we started our family by welcoming our daughter, Carly Grace, on January 18. She and I decided to make things a little more interesting than normal, she was born eight weeks before her due date. We didn't expect her until mid-March. I spent ten days in the hospital and she spent four weeks in the intensive care nursery. We got to bring her home on February 15. Thankfully, she is doing great. Carly instantly became the center of our world and it's amazing how much joy she brings to our lives.
We've also had a few other big events in the past year. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily, the cancer was detected in its very early stages and the doctors were able to remove it - no chemo or radiation was needed. My brother, Jody, got married this month and he seems to really love married life. I hope he and Tiffany can find the kind of happiness that I have in my marriage. Jon and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this May. It's hard to believe we've already been married for five years. We really enjoyed our time together before children, yet we are enjoying life with Carly even more.
As most of you can probably guess, the focus of this blog will primarily be Carly. I know that's the main reason everyone will check in :) So, I thought I would share some pictures of Carly to show how she has changed since January.
Hope you enjoyed our first post . . . we are looking forward to many more.
4 comments:
Can't wait to actually be able to keep up with you! (Even though we live in the same town...) Carly is beautiful. Glad you're enjoying motherhood!
Toby, Jon & Carly, thank you so much for letting us be a part of your lives. We will love keeping up with all of you through your blog. This is such a great idea and what a tool to use to keep those of us that are a distance away in touch! We love you all. Hugs & Kisses to Carly "SUE" from Aunt Jill & Uncle Tom
Toby, Jon, and Carly - I love the new blog!! I can't wait for our girls to grow up together! We love you all!!
Melissa, Kevin and Mason (soon to be here, Reagan).
http://frielingfrenzy.blogspot.com
Love the pics Toby! Carly is SOOOO adorable. We really need to get together sometime; I miss you!!!
Post a Comment