Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Date

Jon and I had a very nice evening on Saturday. We had our first date since Carly arrived. We went to dinner and a movie and really enjoyed ourselves. It gave us a nice chance to relax and reflect. We are fortunate enough to have a great babysitter. One of my friends, Ana was up for the challenge and she did a great job. I met Ana's mom, Liz, in grad school and the three of us have been friends ever since. Ana is a terrific young lady and I think she and Carly enjoyed each other. Carly fell asleep on Ana at 7:45 and somehow still managed to sleep all night for us!

We have been blessed with a happy baby who is also a great sleeper. She has her moments, don't get me wrong, but for the most part as long as you keep her dry and fed she is content. She may look like Jon, but she loves to "talk" to us and we all know where she got that from.

We went for a walk at Rockbridge State Park this afternoon, it's been a long while since we've been there. Carly really enjoys being outside and so do we. She was wide-eyed and chatty the whole time. After our walk, we went for a drive and ended up down by the river at Easley. We also went through Sapp. I had never heard of Sapp, MO before. We saw some really pretty houses and ended up along the river. The MO river was moving fast and you could tell how high the water had been. It was a beautiful day!

Wishing everyone a great week . . .


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I seriously want to eat Carly up! She is so precious!! I am glad you and Jon got to have a date this weekend! Even though we are parents, we are also husband/wife. It is nice to get away for a couple of hours and reconnect!! Hope to see you soon!!!