Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fair Grove Festival


Another year, another Fair Grove Fall Festival has come and gone. Jon and I never miss the FG Festival, so we were very excited to take Carly this year. Although a lot of our family that usually attends was unable to make it, we had a great time. I was able to see several high school classmates and even meet a few new additions to their families. I always enjoy running in to people that I haven't seen for a long time.

Of course, we did spend some time in the curly fry shack. Jon is much more dedicated than I am. He pretty much works the entire two days, while I rotate in at the window and take money and serve drinks. Don't feel too sorry for him though, he really enjoys hanging out with my dad and the rest of the men. They give each other a hard time and laugh a lot. This year was a little more reflective though, reminding us all to be thankful for each other. There was a picture of Tom posted on the shack. It brought back a lot of memories of jokes, stories, and laughter that we have created making and selling curly fries over the years. To name only a few . . . the poems, small fires in pants pockets, and everyone ganging up on Carl - poor guy :) I am so glad the gang lets us help out and join in on all the fun because it's time we cherish.

In addition to all the fun at the festival, I also went to Brandee's bachelorette party on Saturday night and wedding shower on Sunday afternoon. Talk about a good time! We went to dinner and then out for some fun on Saturday night. We stayed out later than I have in years. I felt like I was in college again. I just hope she enjoyed it as much as I did. The shower on Sunday was also very nice. I am so excited for Brandee and Michael to tie the knot! Brandee is an amazing person and I am so glad to share this with her.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Toby, enjoyed the blog--of course, I enjoyed the actual time at the FG Festival with you, Jon & Carly Grace. The picture of Tom is great. I'll be able to show it to Julie & Phil since they weren't there to see it. It was such a tribute to see his picture there. I miss him so much and to see him there now through your blog brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting it. I'm so glad to have you as my extended family. Love all 3 of you along with your folks, Jody & Tiffany! Thanks for sharing your blog with all of us.
Jill