Well, I said I was going to post more and I am not doing a great job! Carly gave me some inspiration last night though. After a few really tough days regarding her behavior, yesterday was mostly pleasant.
She started talking about wanting to drive a plane when she grows up. I ommented she could be a pilot if she wanted to be a pilot. She told me no, I want to drive an airplane and be the driver with the headphones. Ok, Carly, that's the pilot. Then she started saying how fun it would be to ride on an airplane and that she wanted us to go somewhere in a plane. I asked her where she wanted to go. She started asking if places were far away, like Las Vegas, Washington, and a few others. A few minutes later she returned to this conversation and told me we could go to "Hollytree." I honestly had no idea what she was talking about at first. I kept telling her that I did not know where "Hollytree" was. She finally said, "You know Mom, it's far away . . .in California."
Then it hit me and I asked, "Do you mean Hollywood."
"Yes, Hollywood!" she finally got through to me!
Now I want to know where she learned about Hollywood, California and why that is her destination of choice. You never know what is going to come out of her mouth!
1 comment:
I love her sense of humor! I hope she gets to make it to "Hollytree" sometime! ;) Kevin and I were there in 2010. Neat to visit, but way out of our Missouri league! :)
Post a Comment