Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello . . . Again . . . and Welcome 2012!

I cannot believe it has been sooo long since my last post. I am so disappointed in myself.  I have missed out of months of memories being docmented.  I think when I finally joined Facebook I lost touch with our blog.  Now I look back and wish I had done better.  It is so great to be able to look back and read about what we were doing and see it in pictures.  So here goes - trying to get back on track.  Plus, my parents are not in the Facebook world and they are one of the two main reasons I decided to start this blog. 

The kids are doing well.  Brady just passed the 18 month mark and Carly will turn 4 next week.  The idea of my baby turning 4 is harder to handle than I ever expected.  The year of the 3-year old has been rough.  Whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" had no idea what was waiting for them next.  Three came in with a bang and is going out with a roar.  The last couple of weeks have been filled with fits and temper tantrums.  Carly is an amazing little girl, with a huge heart and even bigger imagination, but watch out when the switch is flipped!  She is amazing and we love her dearly and we are hoping 4 is a little easier to handle. 

Brady is also a blessing.  He is so much fun!  He is goofy and playful, always ready to cuddle and give you lovin'.  He thinks his big sister is the best and it is awesome to watch them play and wrestle. 

Our Christmas was spent at home - Carly had strep and an ear infection.  We made the most out of being in quarantine at home and enjoyed the day.  We rang in 2012 at home also.  Brady came down with that nasty stomach bug going around on New Year's Eve and over the next few days we all suffered with it.  Yet, we know we are blessed with a happy, healthy family and look forward to the new year. 

Hope everyone's 2012 has gotten off to a great start!

Some pictures from 2011

















No comments: