Monday, November 16, 2009

Home from Branson and Headed to Vegas!

Last week we were able to spend some time with Jon's family. On Sunday Carly and I rode down to Branson with Chris and Becky. Jon had training on Monday morning so he came down Monday afternoon. Carly was in love with Chris the whole trip. If she said his name once, she said it a thousand times just in the car on the way. Every time he left her sight she said, "Where Chris go?" She was also very attached to Becky and kept the two of them busy. She followed them wherever they went.


We saw Santa at Bass Pro on the landing, but Carly wasn't quite sure about him.





I have an idea for a Christmas present for Jon . . .





Since Silver Dollar City was not open Mon-Wed, we got to do a couple of things we had never tried before. We rode the Ducks with Chris and Becky one afternoon and Carly got to go on her first boat ride. The highlight of the trip had to be the Branson Scenic Railway. We went on the 9 am train and it was beautiful. Carly has been very interested in trains lately, so it was a timely outing. The train holds 300 people and we only had 17 on our trip. So, needless to say, we had plenty of room to roam on the 40-mile excursion. In fact, it was perfect. We had an entire dome car to ourselves and Carly got to run, dance, and wave all she wanted.





Tonight Jon and I are pretty excited. We are headed to Las Vegas tomorrow. He has a conference and I am tagging along. Our parents are splitting the time with Carly and I think everyone is looking forward to it. When we return I am sure she will be extra spoiled rotten and I will have a challenging couple of days getting her back in to her normal routine. That will be just in time for Thanksgiving and things will change again :) Oh well, that's the fun of having a young family - we love it!

No comments: