Well, this is a pretty good illustration of what our weekend has been like. We haven't done much except enjoy being at home and kicking back. I have been under the weather all week with a nasty cold and Carly has had a runny nose and a touch of a cough. Don't worry though, fortunately it hasn't slowed her down a bit.
Sorry we have been out of touch for the past couple of weeks. As you can probably guess, we have been busy. Jon and I went to New Orleans for 6 days and 5 nights - without Carly! She stayed with her Grandpa and Grandma Class. It was the longest we had been away from her. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't terrible either. We all 3 handled it pretty well. There were no reported meltdowns.
It was my first trip to NO and it was great. I loved the city and its history. Jon was in a conference 2 1/2 days, so I had some time to sightsee on my own. I joined a tour here and there, yes I know that screemed tourist, but I enjoyed every bit of the experience. Well, every bit but the one morning it poured and it happened to be the only morning I didn't carry my umbrella down the riverwalk. I love to people-watch, and the sights and sounds of NO provided no shortage of people to observe. The food and the music were wonderful! I have to say, it was great to have Jon to myself for a few days and be reminded of how our lives have changed so much in the last ten months. We really love being parents, yet we still love to be a couple. Ok, sorry, enough of that. It was a great trip!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment