
The weather was beautiful, the fair was in full swing, and Jon and I got to see Josh Turner in concert on Saturday night! What a great weekend! It really was a great day to be at the fair. We walked around for a few hours and, of course, had some food "on a stick" in the spirit of the fair. The concert was what made it all worth it though. Josh Turner took the stage and he was awesome in person. He's one of the few artists that I can say sounds just as good, if not better, in person than he does on the radio. He put on a great show and Jon and I had a wonderful time.


On Sunday we went to church with my grandma and my parents and visited some family. Everyone seemed to be doing well. Carly enjoyed herself and refused to take a nap in the afternoon. She didn't want to miss anything. She had her first taste of green beans and liked them just as much as the peas. Grandpa Carl seemed to think they looked nasty, he wouldn't even take a sniff. Grandma Karen dressed her up in glasses (again) and tempted her with the m&m jar. Cory engaged her in her first game of football and you can see her natural athletic ability.
2 comments:
Wow, Carly is constantly changing. Glad you guys enjoyed the State Fair. Josh looks really cute! Love Carly in the glasses. Hear grandma & grandpa Willis are keeping Carly. Hope she doesn't escape like Sydney did (ha ha--private joke!) Just kidding Karen & Carl, you'll do great. Love you guys. Jill
I know Grandpa Bud hates peas. Kaelyn doesn't like them much either, and I remember Bud sympathized with her at one of the family dinners.
Post a Comment